Renewable energy needs the most innovative technical engineers!
One of Europe’s biggest challenges is designing the transition towards a sustainable energy system based on renewable energy. Energy scarcity and environmental problems are major challenges. There is a need for highly skilled professionals with fundamental interdisciplinary knowledge, skills and tools to tackle these challenges and find new solutions.
The combination of technical, strategic, social and environmental issues encountered in the energy transition represents a significant multidisciplinary approach. It requires more senior technical professionals and highly educated engineers who can work with experts from other disciplines and carry out applied scientific research to come up with practical solutions, by doing applied research, consultancy work or providing strategy and policy advice.
The European Master in Renewable Energy offers you a great way to start or boost your career in the energy sector. Successful completion of the master makes you a renewable energy engineer with a fundamental understanding of the technologies and techniques in the energy sector and rewards you with a Master of Science degree. This is a master’s programme for technicians.
During the core semester, you acquire a solid foundation in the technical and engineering aspects related to innovative energy system design and implementation and their various related interdisciplinary aspects. Theoretical courses which also examine the socioeconomic issues surrounding the deployment of these technologies are supported by laboratory workshops. The studies for the core can be done in French, English or Spanish.
For the core you can choose one of the following universities:
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen, the Netherlands (English)
- Ecole des Mines de Paris, France (French)
- Zaragoza University, Spain (Spanish)
- Loughborough University, UK (English)
- Oldenburg University, Germany (English)
In the second semester you specialise in a chosen technology at a different university. The specialisations are taught in English. For the specialisation you can choose one of the following universities:
- Sustainable Fuel Systems for Mobility (Hanze UAS, Netherlands)
- Photovoltaics (University of Northumbria, UK)
- Wind Energy (National Technical University Athens, Greece)
- Grid Integration (University of Zaragoza, Spain)
- Solar Thermal (University of Perpignan, France)
- Ocean Energy (IST Lisbon, Portugal)
The third and last semester you will apply your knowledge and skills in a research project at a company or a research centre. Based on this research you will write your thesis under the supervision of a (core) professor, a professor of the specialisation and a professor from the project provider.
Proceso de aplicación
First of all, to join this master's programme you need to register and apply through EUREC. The application period for September intake begins mid-January and finishes:
- Non-EU/EEA applicants: May 1st
- EU/EEA applicants: July 1st
Enrolment will not be final until all requirements as specified on the website of EUREC and Hanze UAS are met. The deadline to finalise your registration in Studielink and application at Hanze UAS is:
- Non-EU/EEA applicants: June 1st
- EU/EEA applicants: July 1st
You will receive the information from the enrolment officer at Hanze UAS how to register in Studielink only after you have been accepted for the programme. Studielink is the nationwide registration system for all universities in the Netherlands.
Oportunidades de financiamiento/becas
The European Master in Renewable Energy offers various scholarships to eligible students. Visit this page for more information.
Applicants are admitted to the course on the basis of the following criteria:
- BSc. Engineering, Mathematics or Physics or equivalent with appropriate work experience
- The English Language proficiency must be approved by submitting a test score (not older than 2 years) from (no other tests will be accepted):
- TOEFL: minimum score of 575 (paper based test), or 90 (internet-based test, with not less than 20 in Reading, Listening, Speaking or Writing); or
- IELTS: 6.5 minimum with not less than 6.0 in Reading, Listening, Speaking or Writing; or
- Cambridge Advanced Exam in English: B minimum; or
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam in English: C minimum; or
TOIC minimum score of 780 (Listening and Reading) and 350 (Speaking and Writing)
Hanze UAS reserves the right to check, both in the Netherlands and abroad, the authenticity of all documents submitted in support of applications.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)