The course is an in-depth analysis of the Marine Spatial Planning (MSP) process, illustrating the variety of outcomes possible, exploring specific tools and techniques and relating the theory of MSP to practice by way of examining specific case studies worldwide. The challenges, lessons learned and future opportunities for MSP will also be explored from an applied perspective.
Only for students in Coastal and Marine Management (MRM programme)
Resultados del aprendizaje
On completion of the course, a student:
- can relate core principles in ecological and coastal zone management theory to practice.
- has an understanding of the MSP process from an applied perspective.
- has an understanding of the variety of MSP outcomes / products and why they may differ from place to place.
- has an understanding of the variety of tools and techniques used in the process as well as their strengths and weaknesses.
- can demonstrate critical thinking, written and verbal communication skills through course assignments.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)