Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Offshore) with Honours (BOE) is another alternative programme to be offered to qualified students from external learning institutions and within Universiti Kuala Lumpur; for them to continue their study. This programme is unique to UniKL-MIMET, focusing on the design and construction of offshore structures for deep water applications (above 1200m) e.g. spar oil and gas (O&G) platforms.
The courses offered in BOE correspond to 6 offshore engineering areas namely Offshore Technology, Offshore Hydrodynamics, Offshore Design/Structure, Offshore Production, Offshore Fabrication and Maritime Law. The courses are designed to develop students having applied knowledge concerning mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals specific to offshore engineering. In addition to this, the students will also learn the necessary problem analysis, design and development of solutions, conduct relevant investigations and use model tools and systems. Issues concerning environment and sustainability as well as safety are also included in the curriculum.
Proceso de aplicación
Check https://www.unikl.edu.my/programmes/fees-financial-aid/ to see the tuition fee, as it depends on wether you are local or international.
Application can be done online here: https://www.unikl.edu.my/apply/undergraduate-admission/
Oportunidades de financiamiento/becas
All here: https://www.unikl.edu.my/?s=Scholarship
Resultados del aprendizaje
Job prospects for graduates in the following fields:
- Oil and Gas Industry
- Offshore Fabrication Yard
- Offshore Design House
- Classification Societies
- Offshore Machinery Installation and Repair<l/i>
- Professional Bodies
- Government Agencies
- Training Institutions
- Diploma (Level 4, KKM) Engineering/Engineering Technology recognized or equivalent with CGPA 2.0; OR
- Diploma (Level 4, KKM) in fields of vocational, technical/skills in relevant fields and recognized with CGPA 2.0 and at least a pass in English at SPM; OR
- Pass in UniKL Foundation in Science & Technology with minimum CGPA of 2.0; OR
- Pass in Matriculation/Foundation with a minimum CGPA of 2.0; OR
- Pass in International Baccalaureate (IB) with at least 24 points; OR
- Pass in STPM or its equivalent, with at least Grade C in 3 subjects including Mathematics and one science subject and at least pass in English at SPM;
- Applicant is required to achieve Band 2 of MUET
- Other recognized equivalent qualifications by Malaysian Government
Student must complete 11 years of schooling and obtain general pass in their Secondary School Certificate, O-levels or equivalent with min Grade C in 5 subjects including Math and one Science subject.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)