Rapid development of today’s marine industry has started since a few decades ago. The huge scope of this industry includes various types of vessels, offshore platform design, construction, operation and maintenance until the production of spare parts and shipping equipment. There is more than 22,000 professional and semi-professional bodies work in our local marine industry and other related bodies. It is expected that there will be an increment in the human resource’s needs in between 8% to 10% every year.
By looking at the statistics and the needs of human resources in the industry, UniKL MIMET aspire to offer courses that based on Marine Engineering Technology to produce more semi-professional bodies that are able to contribute to the development and achievement of the industry and to the country generally.
This programme is expected to be offered to at least the STPM holder with the opportunities to be trained to become professional in marine industry, to establish their own self and the industry, hence to the economic growth as a whole.
Apart from engineering technology subjects, the programme also offer skills in technopreneur, design innovation and project. This is to ensure that they are good technical workers with high skills, creative, innovative and be able to manage, operate and maintain any systems related to marine industries.
Proceso de aplicación
Check https://www.unikl.edu.my/programmes/fees-financial-aid/ to see the tuition fee, as it depends on wether you are local or international.
Application can be done online here: https://www.unikl.edu.my/apply/undergraduate-admission/
Oportunidades de financiamiento/becas
All here: https://www.unikl.edu.my/?s=Scholarship
Resultados del aprendizaje
Graduates of this programme may find employment as:
- Marine Engineering (e.g. Chief Engineers, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Class Engineers)
- Marine Surveyor
- Marine Superintendent
- Owner Representative
- Shipyard Personnel
- Maintenance Engineer
- Marine Specialist
- Diploma (Level 4, KKM) Engineering/Engineering Technology recognized or equivalent with CGPA 2.0; OR
- Diploma (Level 4, KKM) in fields of vocational, technical/skills in relevant fields and recognized with CGPA 2.0 and at least a pass in English at SPM; OR
- Pass in UniKL Foundation in Science & Technology with minimum CGPA of 2.0; OR
- Pass in Matriculation/Foundation with a minimum CGPA of 2.0; OR
- Pass in International Baccalaureate (IB) with at least 24 points; OR
- Pass in STPM or its equivalent, with at least Grade C in 3 subjects including Mathematics and one science subject and at least pass in English at SPM;
- Applicant is required to achieve Band 2 of MUET
- Other recognized equivalent qualifications by Malaysian Government
Student must complete 11 years of schooling and obtain general pass in their Secondary School Certificate, O-levels or equivalent with min Grade C in 5 subjects including Math and one Science subject.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)