General course objectives
Present, examine and discuss recent published aquaculture studies and own project ideas and experimental plans. Develop academic communication skills through writing assignment and presentations on the selected study.
The evaluation will focus on both deep knowledge of the information delivered and the way that the information is delivered. The course consists of two modules. The first module is a part of a monthly journal club session held at the Section for Aquaculture, DTU Aqua. In the journal club, a relevant and recent paper selected by the one of the participants will be presented and thoroughly discussed. The discussion aims to focus not only on the paper contents, but on article structure and communication of the results, as well as on the topic in wider context, aiming to produce new research ideas and critique. In the second module, the intensive seminar, PhD students will present some of the recent publications as well as improve academic communication skills through exercises focusing on their own research data, and experimental plans and setups.
Resultados del aprendizaje
A student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:
- Read, assess, and critically review scientific articles
- Identify the key challenges in the academic publishing
- Expand the knowledge on the field of aquaculture
- Make a well structured oral presentation of scientific articles and research plans
- Provide constructive reviewer feedback to the articles and presentation
Categorías CINE (ISCED)