The degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in the Faculty of Science will allow you to pursue research from one of a number of fields in which the faculty has expertise. Candidates will complete the degree in three to four years during which time they will undertake research culminating in the submission of an 80,000 word thesis.
PhD candidates in the Faculty of Science may undertake research in the following areas:
- Chemistry (including medicinal chemistry and drug discovery)
- Geosciences (including geology, geography, geology, marine science and environment)
- History and Philosophy of Science
- Life and Environmental Sciences (including agriculture, animal science, biology, biochemistry, microbiology and plant science)
- Mathematics & Statistics (including pure and applied mathematics)
- Physics (including astronomy and data science)
- Veterinary Science
You can search for potential projects and supervisors via Research Supervisor Connect.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)