To harvest energy resources offshore requires advanced and complicated installations with a large number of different components. Materials with different properties have to be utilized. These materials and fabrication methods are relevant for other industries like offshore wind and ocean farming. We will investigate some of these materials' properties and the effect of production and fabrication, and the metallurgical features associated.
Different materials for offshore applications will be treated. The relations between application and properties will be discussed in relation to microstructures.
One of the following alternatives:
- MSK200 Materials Technology
- MSK205 Mechanics of Materials
Resultados del aprendizaje
A candidate who has completed his or her qualification should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- has advanced knowledge within the selection of offshore materials and specialized insight in steels
- has thorough knowledge of the hardening mechanisms of metallic materials
- can analyze and deal critically with various sources of information and use them to select materials for critical components and structures
- can analyze existing theories, methods and interpretations in the field and work independently on practical and theoretical problems
- can apply his/her knowledge and skills in new projects in order to carry out advanced assignments and projects
- can communicate extensive independent work and masters language and terminology of the academic field
Categorías CINE (ISCED)