The course focuses on marine planning and challenges related to this. Based on theories of marine planning, these challenges will be discussed, especially in relation to fisheries and aquaculture development and activities. The course will offer common practical tools used in marine spatial planning and fisheries management plans.
Proceso de aplicación
The course is an integrated part of the IFM program, but is also open for single course students with relevant background. Entrance requirements as for the M.Sc. program in International Fisheries Management.
Resultados del aprendizaje
Upon successful completion of the course, the candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and general competencies:
Knowledge and understanding:
- Advanced understanding of theories, methods and concepts used in marine planning.
- Deep understanding of and ability to address challenges in marine planning; especially those related to fisheries and aquaculture developments.
- Be able to apply knowledge gained to address practical issues related to marine planning.
- Be able to reflect over and discuss existing and innovative theories, methods and solutions utilized in marine planning, in particular addressing fisheries and aquaculture industry development in relation to marine planning.
- Be able to collaborate, communicate and critically reflect over present and future challenges in marine planning.
- Analyse relevant scientific issue within the subject field.
- Use acquired knowledge and skills in new areas to carry out advanced work tasks and projects
- Disseminate independent work and master the professional terminology in the subject area.
- Communication regarding academic issues, analysis and conclusions within the subject area, with specialists and the public.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)