Formulation of maritime transportation systems at different planning levels. Advanced solution methods for different types of maritime planning problems. Practical implementation of such solution methods.
IØ8400 Mathematical programming
Recommended previous knowledge
Master of Science, Industrial Economics and Technology Management with specialization in optimization and further competance in optimization, or similar.
Resultados del aprendizaje
The position and function of the course in the PhD program: This course is meant to be a common course for PhD students at IØT working with optimization problems within maritime transportation and logistics.
The course will provide knowledge to achieve solid understanding and overview of:
- classical optimization problem at various planning levels within maritime transportation and logistics,
- state-of-the-art models for the various planning problems and their strengths and weaknesses,
- exact and heuristic optimization methods to solve real maritime transportation and logistics problems and the appropriateness of the different methods in various situations,
- implement models and methods for real planning problems, and sensible testing of different models and methods.
The course will develop the students' skills such they are able to:
- formulate real planning problems within maritime transportation and logistics at a professional level,
- choose appropriate methods for solving the maritime transportation and logistics optimization models with regard to solution quality and time, and start research that can result in international publications.
In addition, the course should provide:
- knowledge about the research frontier within maritime transportation and logistics, and
- an ability to develop a critical and reflective attitude to the applied models and methods and develop a good research ethical attitude.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)