The course comprises a review of the the structural configuration and behavior of ship hull girders, truss-work platforms and floating platforms. It gives an introduction to fundamental methods for static analysis of forces and stresses in beams, girders and frame structures, plastic analysis of ultimate strength, their resistance to buckling and application of these methods to analysis of relevant structural components
Recommended previous knowledge
Courses TMR4105 Marine Technology - Elementary Course, TKT4118 Mechanics 1 and TKT4123 Mechanics 2.
Resultados del aprendizaje
The subjects Marine Technology Basics, - Structures,- Hydrodynamics and - Machinery, shall together enable the students to describe and understand the basics of marine technology and carry out engineering tasks related to design, construction and operation of marine systems such as ships, other vehicles, offshore platforms and other marine systems. In addition they shall give the students a proper set of tools and methods for carrying out such work and training in the skills of communication and teamwork. After completed course the students shall be capable to
- Conduct calculations of global still water shear force and bending moment in the hull girder on the basis of hydrostatic data and load conditions
- Describe the structural configuration of the ship hull girder with emphasis on tankers
- Calculate the requirements to plate thickness and stiffener dimensions due to local loads
- Understand and describe the force transfer in the hull and the interaction between them the hull girder components
- Conduct simple calculations of de principal hull stresses and their combination
- Conduct hand calculations of statically indeterminate systems with the unit load method and the deformation method, as well as the program 3DBEAM.
- Describe how the solution with the deformation method can be systematized by means of matrix formulation
- By means of PYTHON develop a data program for analysis of statically indeterminate structures with the matrix method, and for this work prepare a structured technical report with detailed description of the program and rational evaluations of the results
- Conduct laboratory tests for a plane frame where measured stresses are compared with 3DBEAM results
- Determine ultimate strength by means of plastic methods of analysis and conduct simple checks of results obtained with the program USFOS for beams and frame structures
- Describe how elastic buckling of columns can be analyzed by solving the differential equation and the principle of minimum potential energy
- Calculate the critical load for relevant beam- column components in marine structures
- Describe the structural configuration and force transfer a truss-work platform.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)