The course is linked to recent research on sustainable development theory and practice and on implementation of novel technologies in the fish supply chain and presents advanced methods used for real time monitoring and indicators of quality, safety and traceability.
The topics are:
- sustainability analysis of value chain;
- logistics and mapping of activities using the SCOR model;
- traceability and monitoring of indicators for quality and safety of products ;
- application of ICT and RFID technology for real time monitoring to enhance transparency of the supply chain
- tools for assessment of environmental impacts of processing and logistics will be examined like Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) and various indicators like carbon footprint and food miles for the aquatic food supply chain will be discussed.
- tools for assessment of economic and social aspects of processing and logistics will be examined like cost benefit analysis and decision analysis
- tools for assessing simultaneously environmental, economic and social aspects such as multi-criteria assessment.
Resultados del aprendizaje
The students should be able to:
- describe basic and advanced ideas, theories and concepts of sustainable development.
- compose, organize and present sustainability indicators.
- explain, evaluate and apply common methods used in environmental and resource analysis as it relates to sustainable development. Can present interpret, analyze and explain results.
- critically synthesize literature, and formulate practical and theoretical solutions to environment and resource issues as they relate to sustainable development.
- describe the processes, functions, flows and players in a logistics system, the supply chain objectives and performance indicators.
- describe and analyse the environmental issues related to transportation and logistics
- using the SCOR model for processes, functions, and flow descriptions in a logistics system.
- describe SCM issues that are important such as collaboration, use of information technology and information systems, and more
Categorías CINE (ISCED)