The international M.Sc.programme "Aquatic Food Production – Safety and Quality" (AQFood) is offered by a consortium of four leading universities in the Nordic countries. The universities are working together to deliver a key education for the aquatic food sector.
- Technical University of Denmark (DTU), National Food Institute, Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Department of Biotechnology, Trondheim, Norway
- Norwegian University of Life Science (NMBU), Faculty of Sciences and Technology, Aas, Norway
- University of Iceland HI (UoI), School of Health Sciences, Reykjavik, Iceland
AQFood is linking aquatic food production, processing and distribution with quality and safety issues of importance for tomorrow’s consumers, industry and society.
International 120 ECTS MS programme in aquatic food production - safety and quality, resulting in a double degree obtained in two years.
The AQFood MS programme targets Nordic and international students with a background in food science, biotechnology, chemistry, biology, natural sciences or engineering, and those who wish to specialize in Aquatic Food at the master level.
- A double degree programme of 60 + 60 ECTS
- Four Universities of entry, i.e. you can start your first year at any of the four universities
- The first semester (30 ECTS) with e-learning and courses from four Nordic universities
- Specialization depending on the combination of universities
- Mobility between universities and countries after the first year of study
- Four universities of exit. However, if you spent the first year at NTNU or NMBU, then your second year must be spent at either DTU or UoI
- For the master thesis you will have two thesis supervisors, one from each of the institutions involved in the study track.
- Possibility to focus on the entire aquatic value chain from resources to consumption and health
- Strong link to companies in the aquatic food sector
Proceso de aplicación
You apply directly to the university, where you wish to study for the first year of your study. For students applying from 2018 you can apply at all universities. In your application you need to state the name of the Universiy where you wish to study in the second year. This means that you will have to consider your choice carefully, as you cannot subsequently change to another university within the consortium.
You must send your application directly to the university, where you wish to start your study.
All universities have on-line application forms and you apply electronically by completing the online form. At University of Iceland you must print the form and send it by post together with a number of documents in hard copies.
Admission is handled locally but with common admission requirements and screening criteria.
In order to apply for the international M.Sc. programme in “Aquatic Food Production - Safety & Quality” (AQFood), you must fulfill a number of requirements. The requirements apply to all applicants regardless of where you decide to submit your application.
To apply you need to have a B.Sc. or B.Sc. Eng. degree (corresponding to a minimum of 180 ECTS credits) in Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Food science, Food technology, Industrial Engineering, Life science, Environmental sciences or another comparable degree.
When you apply you have to decide which two universities you want to study at and therefore you have to make sure that you fulfill the requirements for both universities in your study. You are most welcome to contact the relevant universities in your study to make sure you fulfill these requirements.
When applying for admission, you must be able to document your academic achievements and proficiency in English.
TOEFL or IELTS certificates must be original and sent directly to DTU from the test centre.
- Paper-based: 580 (written section grade 4,5)
- Computer-based test: 237 (assay writing grade 4,5)
- Internet-based test: 92 (written section grade 22)
IELTS: 6.5, no section lower than 5.5 (only IELTS Academic Training accepted).
English language test exemptions
- Applicants who have completed a university degree instructed in English at a university that is physically located in one of the following countries: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand.
- Applicants who have completed at least a 3-year degree instructed in English in an EU/EEA country.
- Applicants with upper secondary education and a Bachelor's degree (issued or ongoing if the applicant is currently enrolled in the last semester) from a Nordic country may be exempted from an additional English test. Please include the school leaving certificate of your upper secondary education into your application package.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)