Broaden your geological horizons by exploring the connection between the Earth and its marine and nearshore environments on our joint honours degree. Geology with ocean science will arm you with the theoretical and practical aspects of geology, as well as enabling you to develop an understanding of oceanography and coastal processes. Gain an awareness of the interplay between the solid Earth and marine processes, and learn how these factors control the development of coastal regions.
You will take part in the substantial fieldwork offered in a variety of UK and overseas locations such as Morocco, Iceland, Sicily, Spain and Cyprus. You'll become an experienced field-worker, able to apply the knowledge and skills acquired in the classroom to existing Earth science problems. You’ll work towards becoming a Chartered Geologist, our accreditation by the Geological Society helps you to gain the required experience.
- Gain a breadth of knowledge of the Earth and marine sciences not possible with a single honours degree.
- Access a range of career options in coastal zone management, coastal heritage conservation, and environmental monitoring, surveying and planning.
- Benefit from world-class teaching from our research-active staff, ensuring your learning is always current. The varied teaching practices range from seminars and tutorials to practical classes and workshops.
- Develop your confidence with a personal tutor, providing you with weekly guidance throughout your first year.
- Progress your skills in our open access laboratory, LABplus.
- Take part in the substantial fieldwork offered in a variety of UK and overseas locations such as Morocco, Iceland, Sicily, Spain and Cyprus. You'll become an experienced field-worker, able to apply the knowledge and skills acquired in the classroom to existing Earth science problems. Your compulsory residential fieldwork costs are met from tuition fees, though some fieldwork options may require additional funding.
- Deepen your understanding with training in the safe conduct of Earth science fieldwork.
- Explore the natural geology of our rich surrounding area. Plymouth's location is of central importance to studying geology, with opportunities for fieldwork right on our doorstep.
- Benefit from essential field safety equipment free as part of your welcome package.
- Hone your abilities through the close links University staff maintain with the Earth science sector. Our involvement in these areas ensures your experience at Plymouth University will be focused towards the current needs of industry and society while giving you access to the latest industry-standard geological software.
- Work towards becoming a Chartered Geologist, our accreditation by the Geological Society helps you to gain the required experience. The world’s oldest and most prestigious national learned society for geology.
- Take the opportunity to spend your second year studying abroad in Canada, Australia, USA or elsewhere through our direct exchange, Erasmus or ISEP programmes. Plymouth University is currently the only UK institution to offer exchanges through ISEP, giving our students the greatest range of Earth science exchange opportunities available.
Proceso de aplicación
All applications for undergraduate courses are made through UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service).
UCAS will ask for the information contained in the box at the top of this course page including the UCAS course code and the institution code.
To apply for this course and for more information about submitting an application including application deadline dates, please visit the UCAS website.
Support is also available to overseas students applying to the University from our International Office via our how to apply webpage or email email@example.com.
Oportunidades de financiamiento/becas
Undergraduate scholarships for international students
To reward outstanding achievement the University of Plymouth offers scholarship schemes to help towards funding your studies.
112 - 120
112-120 points range including a minimum of 2 A levels, relevant subjects Biology, Mathematics/Use of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Environmental Science/Studies, Applied Science, Geography, Geology, Design Technology. Excluding General Studies.
BTEC QCF Extended Diploma/RQF National Extended Diploma: DMM to DDM – science related subject. You are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not meet this criteria.
BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us. Please explicitly state the full list of modules within your qualification at the time of application.
Pass an Access to HE Diploma (science based) with at least 33 credits at merit. You are encouraged to contact email@example.com if you do not meet this criteria.
28-30 overall to include science related subjects.
All applicants must have GCSE (or equivalent) English and Mathematics at grade C / 4 or above.
English language requirements.
We welcome applicants with international qualifications. To view other accepted qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)