Geography explores the relationships between people, places and the environment. Our Geography with Ocean Science course allows you to focus on the physical side of this and also spend time studying ocean science. Plymouth is the ideal setting for this, giving you hands-on experience of the physical geography of a dynamic estuary and coast within walking distance of campus.
Our geography degrees make the most of geography’s strengths in tackling head on the biggest global challenges we face. Modules have been designed to address many of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals – developed by the UN as the 'blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all' – all of our degrees are fully accredited by the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG).
- Choose modules from a wide range of physical geography topics and combine them with key areas of ocean science research.
- Develop your understanding of coastal and marine processes and their interactions with marine biology and ecology, and the ways in which people choose to respond to, and manage, the coastal and marine environments.
- Take advantage of opportunities to undertake field trips at all stages of study.
- Seize the opportunity to gain 'problem-solving' experience. You’ll also be equipped with advanced computer and information technology skills and expertise in other work-related areas.
- Establish a sound knowledge base across all areas of ocean science, with options to study physical oceanography and meteorology, biological and chemical oceanography, and coastal oceanography.
- Gain excellent communication skills by working independently and as part of a team and learn from expert, accessible, supportive staff who are skilled researchers in their field.
- Benefit from our unique location in Britain's 'Ocean City', with glorious beaches, coasts, rivers and estuaries on your doorstep, and within sight of Dartmoor National Park and the Tamar Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Choose to study abroad in Europe or the USA. You can also experience a valuable work placement programme, opening up a range of career opportunities.
Proceso de aplicación
All applications for undergraduate courses are made through UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service).
UCAS will ask for the information contained in the box at the top of this course page including the UCAS course code and the institution code.
To apply for this course and for more information about submitting an application including application deadline dates, please visit the UCAS website.
Support is also available to overseas students applying to the University from our International Office via our how to apply webpage or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oportunidades de financiamiento/becas
Undergraduate scholarships for international students
To reward outstanding achievement the University of Plymouth offers scholarship schemes to help towards funding your studies.
104 - 112
27 overall. English and mathematics must be included.
A level/AS level
104-112 points from a minimum of two A levels. Excluding general studies.
DMM. We welcome this qualification however please contact email@example.com, stating explicitly the full list of modules within your qualification.
BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us. Please explicitly state the full list of modules within your qualification at the time of application.
Pass a named Access to HE Diploma (e.g. science, humanities, combined), (including GCSE English and Mathematics grade C /4 or above or equivalent) with at least 33 credits at merit.
Mathematics and English language grade C.
Equivalent qualifications may be considered.
English language requirements.
We welcome applicants with international qualifications. To view other accepted qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)