The UMIP is the first university in Panama that offers a specialized career in Marine Biology (since 2008). This degree is aimed at training the scientific personnel required at a national level in the fields of Marine Biology, Marine Ecology, Oceanography, Fisheries, Aquaculture and Environmental Management. Provides specialized scientific training in the areas of Marine Sciences and Environmental.
Prepare professionals with a scientific background, aimed at assessing, conserving and evaluating the marine and coastal environment, using appropriate tools and proposing innovative techniques to achieve the development and economic growth of the country in a sustainable manner.
- Government and private entities: in charge of surveillance, control, ordering and integral management of marine resources.
- Scientific Research.
- Higher Education: at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Technical and/or Scientific Advice.
- Environmental Consulting.
- Scientific and/or Environmental NGO`s.
- Productive Sector: Marine organisms production farms.
- Entrepreneurs: maritime and ecotourism sector.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)