The Master programme Marine Sensors offers students a research-oriented qualification in developing, optimising and analysing sensors and measuring methods relating to marine issues.
The course content covers the functional principle of different sensor types, mathematical-scientific and informatics-based measuring methods as well as data acquisition systems and models. The study course sets high values on introducing students to academic research through direct contact with national and international scientists. Special courses enable students to present and discuss measurement results. In addition, students have excellent opportunities to specialise in particular methods of measurements and carry out independent research projects.
Graduates holding this Master’s degree are qualified for dealing with complex issues relating to marine sensors as well as for working in a team and communicating the background and results of their own research.
Proceso de aplicación
- Degree Award: Master of Science
- Duration: 3 Semesters
- Course start: annual (summer semester); if applicable, the preceding winter semester can be bridged.
- Language: German and English
- Knowledge of mathematics, electrical engineering and at least one further subject related to marine technology (material science/ construction design/ manufacturing/ embedded systems, informatics, measurement and control technology)
- General interest in oceanic and coastal marine ecosystems
- Interest in computing applications
- Interest in understanding complex issues
- Excellent communications skills and willingness to work in a team
- English language skills
Bachelor's- Degree in Marine Technology or Mechatronics with focus on marine technology or equivalent qualification in a related subject (210 credit points) including knowledge of mathematics, electrical engineering and at least one further subject related to marine technology (material science/ construction design/ manufacturing/ embedded systems, informatics, measurement and control technology).
Categorías CINE (ISCED)