The School for Marine Sciences & Technology’s (SMAST) PhD in Marine Science and Technology program emphasizes societal need-driven research and learning in an interdisciplinary environment. The PhD program focuses on observations, modeling, experimentation, and theory in the areas of ocean sciences, ocean technology, and marine policy.
Students work independently as well as collaboratively with our faculty as well as colleagues from other most highly regarded institutions to pursue a range of leading-edge research projects. Topical areas include, but are not limited to the following:
- Biochemical cycling
- Coastal Ecosystem Dynamics and Restoration
- Computational Modeling
- Fisheries Science
- Marine Renewable Energy
- Ocean Physics
Proceso de aplicación
- To expedite review of your application, applicants are encouraged to notify the Dean's office at firstname.lastname@example.org upon applying to any of our programs.
- The number of available teaching and research assistantships is limited. To be considered for an assistantship, you must submit your applications before the deadline.
Oportunidades de financiamiento/becas
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth has several financial programs to assist graduate students with the cost of advanced studies. These programs apply to degree-seeking, matriculated students only.
Applicants should take an active role in contacting faculty member(s) who could potentially advise them, as well as make an effort to seek funding before applying.
Successful applicants will have met the following criteria:
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree with a GPA of 3.00 or higher
- Completion of an undergraduate major in one of the basic scientific disciplines or engineering, or strong multidisciplinary training
- Completion of at least six semesters of coursework in the natural sciences, generally to include biology, chemistry, and/or physics
- Preparation in mathematics at least through integral calculus is strongly encouraged
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (sent directly from ETS). Typically, GREs should have a combined score of 1200 or greater.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)