Excellent research opportunities await in the Dept. of Maritime and Mechanical Engineering, enabling you to work at the forefront of developments with leading experts.
- Study full or part-time over one to seven years
- Complete your research degree (PhD) in a Faculty known for its internationally-acclaimed research
- Explore scholarship opportunities
- Benefit from expert supervision and researcher training
- Enjoy excellent facilities and great employment connections
You can study for a PhD full time over 33 to 48 months or part time over 45 to 84 months. If you are taking a direct route PhD, you can study full time over two to three years or part time over three to six years.
On joining LJMU you will be allocated up to three supervisors (including a Director of Studies) who will work with you during your studies. Progression monitoring is undertaken formally and informally by this team on an ongoing basis.
Each year, each Faculty provides the University Research Degrees Committee with a summative report on the progress of all its eligible postgraduate research students.
Throughout your studies, you will also have the support of LJMU’s Graduate School which offers expert advice and guidance to those enrolled on PhD programmes.
Expert supervision is offered in the following areas:
- Marine and offshore engineering
- Operational research and simulation
- Maritime transport and logistics
- Marine risk and safety management
- Advanced manufacturing technology
- Mechanical design and analysis
Categorías CINE (ISCED)