Race to Zero is an augmented reality game. It’s aimed at school-aged users between 12 and 16, to help them understand the different approaches to problem solving, business and the environment.
The game will ask the young people to make a sequence of decisions, which takes their community to a Zero Carbon energy use, happy population, as well as being economically stable. Each session is approximately 40 minutes, ensuring it fits within class time.
Expected outcomes for learners
- Better Awareness of The Blue and Energy Sectors in the local economy
- Understanding of innovation and how this can be applied and commercialized
- Focus on the importance of sustainability in green recovery.
- Long term, Embed enterprise and Innovation skills into curriculum, Curriculum for Excellence.
- Understanding of themes such as, innovation, sustainable growth and sustainable development.
- Awareness of interconnectivity of sectors, economy as an ecosystem, connectivity between land and sea, supply chains, value chains.
- Displaying digital technologies such as augmented reality, inspiring digital skills and awareness of technology among young people.
Expected outcomes for SME's
- Awareness of Job and career roles in the Blue and energy sector
- Stronger partnerships between education, SME’s, and the regional authority (triple helix)
- Exposure and awareness local companies to learners.
- Fife Council
- Education, Business Technology Solutions
- Harmony Studios