Rapid development of today’s marine industry has started since a few decades ago. The huge scope of this industry includes various types of vessels, offshore platform design, construction, operation and maintenance until the production of spare parts and shipping equipments. There is more than 22,000 professional and semi-professional bodies work in our local marine industry and other related bodies. It is expected that there will be an increment in the human resource’s needs in between 8% to 10% every year.
By looking at the statistics and the needs of human resources in the industry, UniKL MIMET aspire to offer courses that based on Marine Engineering Technology to produce more semi-professional bodies that are able to contribute to the development and achievement of the industry and to the country generally.
This programme is expected to be offered to at least the SPM holder with the opportunities to be trained to become semi-professional in marine industry, to establish their own self and the industry, hence to the economic growth as a whole. Apart from engineering technology subjects, the programme also offer skills in technopreneur, design innovation and project. This is to ensure that they are good technical workers with high skills, creative, innovative and be able to manage, operate and maintain any systems related to marine industries.
Check https://www.unikl.edu.my/programmes/fees-financial-aid/ to see the tuition fee, as it depends on wether you are local or international.
Application can be done online here: https://www.unikl.edu.my/apply/undergraduate-admission/
All here: https://www.unikl.edu.my/?s=Scholarship
Graduates of UniKL MIMET’s ship design programmed will have the opportunity to expand their career in various fields such as;
- Metal Works & Fabrication
- Naval Architecture
- Technical Design/Draught Person
- Hydraulics and Pneumatic Systems
- CAD & CAM Programming
- CASD Programming
- CNC Machining
- Pass in SPM with at least 3 credits (minimum Grade C and higher) in the following subjects:
Mathematics, one science /technical/vocational subject and 1 other subject; and at least pass in English; OR
- Pass in O-Level with at least 3 credits (minimum Grade C and higher) including Mathematics, one science /technical/vocational subject and one other subject and at least a pass in English; OR
- Pass in Engineering/Engineering Technology Certificate (Level 3, KKM) in the relevant or equivalent field from accredited PPT with a minimum CGPA 2.0; OR
- Pass in Vocational and Technical Skills Certificate(Level 3, KKM) in the relevant field with CGPA 2.0 AND obtained at least one credit at SPM level with one-year experience in the relevant field or at least one semester bridging programme
Student must complete 11 years of schooling and obtain general pass in their Secondary School Certificate, O-levels or equivalent with min Grade C in Math, English, one science/vocational/technical subject and 3 other subjects.
IELTS 5.0 or equivalent
Student must complete 11 years of schooling and obtain general pass in their Secondary School Certificate, O-levels or equivalent with min Grade C in Math, English, one science subject (Chemistry or Biology) and 2 other subjects.
IELTS 5.00 or equivalent.
Student must complete 11 years of schooling and obtain general pass in their Secondary School Certificate, O-levels or equivalent with min Grade C in Math, English, one science/vocational/technical subject and 2 other subjects.
IELTS 5.0 or equivalent.
5.0 or equivalent*
*UniKL accepts other English proficiency certificates such as Pearson (PTE), MUET, Cambridge (CFE, CAE, CPE). Contact email@example.com for more details.