Develop the focused skills you need for a career in renewables.
Specialise in marine (tidal and wave) and wind energy, studying online with our team of internationally experienced engineers.
Get to grips with the resources, physical principles, technologies and systems involved. Discover how these energy sources integrate into the grid. Find out where they fit into the current and future global energy mix.
This online short course will grow your skills as a graduate engineer or energy industry professional.
What will I study?
You’ll study the resources used in marine and wind energy, and the physical principles involved.
You’ll also explore the environmental effects of marine and wind energy capture, and the technical challenges faced by these industries.
You’ll cover the following topics:
- Offshore wind energy
- Wind turbine technologies
- Installation and environmental impact
- Commercial development
- Tidal power generation technologies
- Environmental considerations
- Current projects and potential projects
- Wave energy technologies
- Environmental impact
Am I ready?
This course has no formal entry requirements. You decide if it’s suitable for you.
The course is delivered at Masters level. At this level of teaching, you’d usually have at least:
- a 2:2 (second-class) degree in Engineering or the Physical Sciences
- or relevant experience that supports this level of training.