***This course is postponed until further notice***
This course aims to provide first hand experience to VET trainers on Wind Energy technologies. Lectures will take 20% of the course, being mainly structured to be practical
(80%) including a field trip.
- Providing a general overview of the necessary skills for the wind power sector.
- Reviewing the procedures needed on the wind training sector.
- Learning new technologies applied to the operation and maintenance of wind turbines.
- Training Health & Safety procedures in high and confined spaces.
- Introduction to VR tools
- Technical VET teachers interested in wind energy, MATES partners and MATES TG experts. Women will be prioritized.
Registration link: http://bit.ly/WindPCourse
Deadline for registration: 20th September
Travel costs incurred by the attendees.
Lunches are included.
Participants undertaking this training will be able to:
- Identify the different technologies of wind turbines and their components.
- Understand the differences of logistics for onshore and offshore wind farms.
- Safely climb high platforms using the required IPEs.
- Climb a wind turbine.
- Recognize the different structural systems for offshore wind turbines.
- Use of Virtual Reality tools for training in wind turbine maintenance.
Attendees should have a basic knowledge of energy, electricity or mechanical engineering, and be able to climb a wind turbine (not recommended for people suffering vertigo)